LD Awareness provides support for people who have additional support needs. Our community support workers (CSW’s) all have years of experience of supporting people who have learning disabilities and / or autism.
We will support you to access your community, leisure and social opportunities on a 1-1 basis.
A Community Support Worker will support you to:
- Make choices to do activities that you are interested in as well as thinking about new interests.
- Use leisure services that can help you feel healthier and confident.
- Think about voluntary employment opportunities and support you to do things that interest you.
- Support you with skills that can help you become more independent.
- Find out about training courses you might like to do and learn new skills.
When you have support from LD Awareness a CSW will:
- Spend time to get to know you and ask you how you want to spend your time.
- Find out from you, your family and carers what you enjoy and what is important to you.
- Ask you some personal information that will help us get to know you and help us plan the right support for you.
- Plan a timetable that will show you how we will spend time together.
Please contact us if you would like further information about our Community Support service